Make It Safe Campaign
Deanswood Interiors are proud to be members of the British Blind and Shutter Association (BBSA) and fully support the ‘Make It Safe’ campaign. The European Union standards and regulations are set out in BS EN 13120, which covers child safety. As BBSA members we are fully compliant with this important standard.
The ‘Make It Safe’ campaign is endorsed by The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA) and the Child Accident Prevent Trust (CAPT) and referenced by many other organisations.
Deanswood Interiors, as an accredited member of the BBSA, have been closely involved in the ‘Make It Safe’ campaign and the changes required in the way internal blinds are made, sold and professionally installed.
When the regulations are implemented it will place a legal responsibility on all suppliers and professional installers to:
- Provide safety devices to reduce the risk of any cords or chains forming a hazardous loop
- Test all safety critical items of internal blinds
- Test blinds using safety devices
- Observe maximum cord and chain lengths
- Provide specific warnings and instructions
- Provide information on packaging and at point of sale
- Fit safety devices when professionally installing blinds
Further information and the technical aspects can be found by clicking here.